MCM Hannover Comic Con and my Thor Costume Making-off

Disclaimer: This post may contain advertisement. I did not get paid or commissioned to write this, but as I am talking about the people I worked with and tagged their pages it may have an unintended advertising effect. Actually all I want is to show you some photos and tell you about my shoot though. #stupidgermanlaws ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi everyone!
Many of you have probably seen the progress photos of my Thor costume during the last two weeks as well as the convention selfies that I posted!
I already started working on this costume in january and after being super productive for a few days I stopped working on it and had some super stressfull last weeks! :D I am so glad that I managed to finish it in time for MCM Hannover Comic Con! I am really proud of this costume and it is my favourite cosplay that I ever created. It was based on Marvels "Goddess of Thunder" comics but as you can see on the right, I changed lts of things. So let me show you the armor first:

Remember the Hammer? It originally was part of my brothers Halloween costume that we made out of Papercraft & PU-foam. I simply covered everything in worbla, added some ornaments and PU leather and now it looks brandnew!


I made everything out of Worbla & craft foam and also took some WIP pics:


 Here I made the wings for the headpiece: I first created the shape out of craft foam & hot glue and then added the worbla :)

On Friday my dear Aurelia Isabella and I drove to Hannover and on saturday we went to MCM Comic Con, together with our friend Jumeria Nox. On sunday our friend Hanny Honeymoon joined us as well!
Even though the convention was rather small and they didn't have many booths or other attractions we had a blast and I really enjoyed wearing this costume! I always do these things so super last minute that I never know what it all looks like until I actually am at the con and get dressed! xD So here was the first time that I put everything on, kind of a big moment!
By the way, getting ALL my hair under a wig was not so easy - this was actually the first time it really worked. And let me tell you - that was not very comfortable! My hair also is the reason why I didn't want to do the original helmet - I was afraid that this helmet would have to be HUGE and that this would look weird. So I went for a more filigree headdress!

I was so excited about the costume that I even joined the costume contest on saturday! It was the first time for me to be in a contest (I was a judge before but never took part myself) and even though I didn't win anything it was still a lot of fun to present my Thor on stage. Maybe I will do that again one day!
 

With Aurelia Isabella as Lady Loki and Jumeria as Red Riding Hood!



Sisterly Love :D
 Obviously, I needed Harleys cool hammer because it was bigger than mine.
And in my glorious moment I got photobombed by Deadpool xD

 Such talent! The beautiful Jessica (Zelda) makes me want to do my Zelda dress all over again... and the incredible 
Zora, aka Lara Wegaener, was wearing one of the most beautiful outfits that I have ever seen <3
On sunday, with Aurelia Isabella as Scarlet Witch, Jumeria as Belle and Hanny Honeymoon as Snow White <3
The most adorable Astrid! <3
Well, this photo does not really make sense but it was still fun :D
All in all we had a really wonderful weekend and I am already looking forward to the next convention!
What was not so cool is that I was allergic to the paint that I used - super weird, as I have been using it for years! Now every piece of my skin that was in contact with my armor is full of neurodermatitis and I have some perfectly shaped red contouring in my face ^^ I already went to a doctor today so it should be gone in a few days, hopefully...

Also, I was so happy about all the feedback that I got on my costume and want to thank you guys again for your lovely words and your support. It really motivates me to keep working on my art and to make more and better costumes!

And for those of you who still don't have enough, here are two german videos with me in them!
Und für alle, die noch immer nicht genug haben hab ich hier auch mal zwei Videos gefunden in denen ich aufgetaucht bin - sogar auf Deutsch:

1 Kommentar